Many websites nowadays use MySQL to store the data. It is the popular choice among database because of being open sources and many other advantages. The data you store in your MySQL databases is if sensitive data, then data has to back up properly and should also be easily restored if any issues occur.
MySQL is the SQL Structured Query Language open source used by the RDBMS Relational Database Management System RDMS. This is an open source database that is available freely. SQL is the query language that is used to store, access, manage and retrieve the data.
MySQL is an important aspect for databases application, first of all, MySQL is based on the structured query language which is a relational database management system. The important features of MySQL being reliability, fastness, cheap makes it more likely among all other database systems.
MySQL is the most used language for the reasons as mentioned below:
Table of Contents
- 1 Advantages:
- 2 1. Automatic backup to AmazonS3 from MySQL Database:
- 3 2. Automatic backup on Linux from MySQL:
- 4 3. Automatic backup using AutoMySQLBackup for MySQL database:
- 5 4. Back up with mysqldump:
- 6 5. Back up using PHP into an XML file:
- 7 6. Backup using PHP:
- 8 7. Backup through SSH:
- 9 8. Backup of MySQL Server Shell Script on Unbuntu Linux Backup:
- 10 9. Backup to an FTP server automatically the MySQL database and web server files:
- Less cost: MySQL is the cost-effective solution when it comes to price as it is open source and free.
- Replication: With the replicating nature of MySQL database can be mirrored on various sites. Through this workload can be shared and accessibility is increased along the application. The data is compiled to many computers providing protection against system failure and also to increase the speed of database queries.
- Accessibility: The base platform can be anything as Linux, Windows, Mac, and so on and everything can use MySQL for accessing the data.
- Client/Server Architecture: MySQL is the database server and there can be one or more clients that run on same or different systems to query the data, store and manage it.
- Backup/restore: The data stored by the database is of vital importance and hence the storage and retrieval of data also play a major role. MySQL provides inbuilt features for the backup/restore of the data.
They are many methods to store and retrieve the data stored in the MySQL databases.
Here mentioned are the 9 different ways to Automatically & Manually Backup MySQL Database.
1. Automatic backup to AmazonS3 from MySQL Database:
Many people often use the Amazon s3 to back up the data from MySQL database. Mysql development has various options for data backup. Django is an automated script that is developed to the above process automatically. Click the link to follow the steps.
2. Automatic backup on Linux from MySQL:
Any Linux user can automatically back up data from MySQL using the from the feature. The core feature in Unix is one of the basic time-based scheduling activity on the operating systems. It reads the configuration file and runs some actions when the computer is running. Programs are run at scheduled time intervals as mentioned. The mysqldump is a feature on Unix operating system.
3. Automatic backup using AutoMySQLBackup for MySQL database:
AutoMySQLBackup is a specific feature of the MySQL database of MySQL development that backs up data. The great option of this feature is that the back up can be stored to a single database, many databases or on a given server to all the databases. Each backup can be stored as a zip file. This AutoMySQLBackup tool is provided by the MySQL database for backing up the data so that it can be restored when necessary.
4. Back up with mysqldump:
The mysqldump utility is provided by MySQL to back up the important data. This is an executable utility that lets us run it with a list of various options to backup database to a file or another server also. This utility accepts various command line arguments to change the methods of backing up the databases.
5. Back up using PHP into an XML file:
All other methods of database backup stores the data in form of tables. Here the PHP doesn’t use tables but it is still preferred method by few because if provides readability. XML is not eh easiest format to store data but for sure makes data very easy to read.
6. Backup using PHP:
The backup can be created using a query from PHP file. Use the query SELECT INTO OUTFILE to create the backup. LOAD DATA INFILE is used to restore the data from the backup file. There are 3 ways to do a backup using PHP. The first way is to run the backup query on the database from PHP file. The second way is to run a MySQL dump() system function. Lastly, phpMyAdmin() to be used for back up creation.
7. Backup through SSH:
To backup large databases SSH is the best solution. Easy and fast backup of large databases is done through SSH. Enable shell access, through the putty log in onto the server via SSH, use a sqldump function to create a backup and then FTP the backup file into the server. The commands would be executed pretty fast and various backup files can be moved very quickly.
8. Backup of MySQL Server Shell Script on Unbuntu Linux Backup:
Ftp server generally stores all the backup of the databases of various servers. Use the MySQL dump feature to dump single or multiple databases to the same or various other databases. Use FTP to upload the backup databases to the backup server. A script can be written that can create these backup and then load it to the FTP server.
9. Backup to an FTP server automatically the MySQL database and web server files:
This is one of the simplest solutions in case of back up of data and then FTP that to a different server. Usage of FTP prevents any data loss major or minor. The various steps in this process firstly create the backup using the command, create a script for tar file and then setup of from job.
Above are various methods for creating the backup of the MySQL databases through manual and automatic options. Based on the size and regularity of backup use the method accordingly.
About The Author
Merry Waran is a Marketing Manager at AIS Technolabs which is Web design and Development Company, helping global businesses to grow by Mysql Development Services. I would love to share thoughts on Social Media Marketing Services and Game Design Development etc.