Instagram launched IGTV app that you can access within the original Instagram app and separate Instagram TV app. Using IGTV, a user can share and video videos. IGTV users can share from 15 sec to one hour long videos on their channel. Although, IGTV let you upload long-form videos not everyone can share 60-minute long video.
The verified account can only share up to one-hour long video while everyone else can upload up to 10 minutes video on their IGTV channel. Most of the users don’t even know how to create a channel on IGTV app, don’t fret, here we will tell you how to create the channel on IGTV.
How to create an IGTV channel
Before you start to share your ideas with the rest of the world, you need to first create an IGTV channel, which can bring you more Instagram followers. The good news is that the whole procedure is extremely easy and it can be done in just a few clicks. The following steps will help you to create an IGTV channel.
- Download Instagram TV app from the App store or Google play store
- Now sign up to the IGTV app. If you are already logged into your Instagram profile then you don’t need to sign up.
- Go to the top right corner of your screen when you open the home feed of your Instagram profile, tap the orange icon which is the IGTV logo.
- Now, hit the gear icon and tap on create channel option at the bottom
- Now, Hit the next button on the screen and tap again create a channel on the third screen.
- Your IGTV channel is created and now you can start uploading your videos on IGTV.
How to upload a video to IGTV?
Your IGTV account is set up, now explore this video app and publish your first video. Follow these steps that will help you to successfully upload the video on Instagram TV.
- Hit on your avatar from the main page of your IGTV, it will take you to your account.
- Now go to the right corner and click on “+”, now you can add your video.
- Choose the vertical video from your smartphone
- Now give a good title to your video and add some description according to your video just like you add a description with YouTube video before uploading or write a blog with some relevant keywords.
- It will make your video more searchable when you add some powerful keywords and proper hashtags.
- Remember to link your video to other social media or Instagram stories and videos, you could also link this video with your site, your online store or even your portfolio and gallery.
- Now create a cover image or thumbnail for said video so your channel looks organized
- You are all set, now tap the post button
- After you’ve done, check the stats of your channel. Hit the “…” button and select ‘view insight’. You can gain information using this feature and check the number of views, likes, and comments on your video.