The pros of SiteGround are undeniable to host the website using it. Below we have provided all the pros of the SiteGround web hosting services. Continue reading and Get to know in detail about the pros of the SiteGround hosting services.
Table of Contents
Pros of SiteGround Hosting
Specific Location Hosting
SiteGround is managing almost 1000 servers. This is one of the few web hosting companies that are offering specific location hosting with 3 continents and 4 data centers.
- Asia Pacific Region (Location: Singapore): This specific location hosting is suitable for visitors from the South Pacific, Australia, and Asia.
- Europe (Location: Amsterdam and London): This is best for viewers from Europe and Russia.
- North America (Location: Chicago in USA): It is the best choice for visitors from Africa, South America, and North America.
- You have to choose the location that is close to your target viewers to increase the website loading speed. However, this increases the user experience and the best for SEO.
- While signing up for web hosting services, you will have an option to choose where to store your website data i.e., nothing but data center.
Free Daily Backups
Backing up data is important to avoid the risk of losing both dynamic data and static data. The SiteGround performs daily Backups websites of their clients, this helps when your backup fails and want to reclaim data for any of the reasons.
You will get one free backup copy per day for the startup plan of your website. Go Geek and GrowBig plans will provide restoration service and website back up with a single click.
Transparency is important to trust any of the company web hosting services. SiteGround is providing full transparency as they display both uptime percentage – monthly and uptime percentage – yearly. Hence, you can see the website’s performance in detail.
SiteGround gives data centers IP addresses for free of cost. This helps you to test the website loading speed of each data center. So that you can pick the data center that gives the best user experience / fast loading time for your website visitors.
They are honest in providing each detail of their plans. So, you are able to get the right plan you require for the money you are investing in.
The biggest benefit of choosing SiteGround hosting services are due to their good security tools. In addition to built-in features of security, there are also other features of security that help to protect user data.
- Antispam tools such as SpamExperts and SpamAssassin that helps to protect a website from spammers.
- There is an option to block particular IP addresses. In case, if you find any suspicious IP address you can block it to avoid an attack.
- Most probably SiteGround will protect your website from hackers but in some of the situations, it’s hard to secure. So, you can get a HackAlert for $1 / month as an add-on. This notifies you whenever your website is under attack.
- The SiteCheck tool will help to check for malware to make sure your website viewers are protected.
One – Click Activation Cloudflare CDN
The Cloudflare CDN is included in all the plans for free. You can activate Cloudflare in the cPanel just with one-click.
The Cloudflare CDN (Content Delivery Network) will cache website content and distributes around the world multiple data centers.
After activating, you need to go to the settings tab to set settings of Cloudflare to activate Railgun, static resources minification, and aggressive caching to accelerate connection between server and Cloudflare. Overall, the Cloudflare CDN will help to provide faster load times to your website.
Cons of SiteGround Hosting
Like Any Web hosting services along with pros/advantages, there will be cons/disadvantages. As you know about pros as shown in the above context, let us know in detail about the cons of the SiteGround hosting services.
Data Storage Limit
There are restrictions on the data you can store on your website. This is one of the SiteGround cons as you can’t store data more than the permitted limit.
However, if we see on the other side data storage limit is definitely a good sign as the data stored on shared host servers will not experience slow load times due to heavy data storage. But the person hosting websites based on the videos/images will have issues with the storage limitations.
High Plan Prices
The shared hosting services of the SiteGround offers three hosting plans such as StartUp, GrowBig, and GoGeek. The hosting plans are a little bit pricy when compared to the other hosting providers but based on the services provided by the SiteGround the price looks reasonable. However, most of the people look at the prices rather than features, so we have considered it as one of the cons.
CPU Usage Limitation
The SiteGround also limits the daily and monthly CPU usage. The resource – Hungary websites will cross the limit and those websites who have more CPU usage should contact SiteGround to increase CPU usage limit or have to upgrade to a higher plan.